Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: What We Saw by Ryan Casey

SUMMARY (Amazon)

Liam and Adam arrive at their grandparents' caravan site like any pair of young cousins: mischievous and fascinated by mystery and adventure.

But when the disappearance of their dog leads to a terrifying discovery deep in the nearby woods, Liam and Adam are plunged into a very adult world of secrecy and suspicion. As the story twists and turns towards a shocking conclusion, the dark secrets of the seemingly sleepy community begin to unravel...

What We Saw is a touching and thrilling British mystery novel with elements of comedy, friendship, fear and suspense. It poses the ultimate question: if you stumbled upon a shocking discovery as a child, how would you react?

First, the cover itself gave me goosebumps. I always get afraid when little children are involved in mystery stories, I don't know why I just get so fearful for them! Ryan took Liam and Adam and made them two of the bravest boys I've ever read.

I liked how nicely the book flow, there were not dull moments or lagging dialogue. This was a fast read and the conclusion really shocked me! The best part of Ryan's writing is how descriptive he is. His writing doesn't leave you second guessing what you're supposed to be seeing. This is a brilliantly written novel that I really enjoyed!

RATING:

ratingratingratingrating

REALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

You can find Ryan here: FACEBOOK, TWITTER, WEBSITE

You can buy What We Saw here: AMAZON

3 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for YA/MG books with male main characters. There's so many books out there targeted to girls, but it's harder to find books for boy readers. I just downloaded this one. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean Nickie! It was a nice change to have male main characters!! It was different, but that's a good thing! You are by far, one of my best readers, I'm so glad I can help recommend books to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words, Brandy. Delighted that you enjoyed my book. It's always nice to receive any sort of feedback, but positive feedback is best. :)

    All the best,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete