Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Good Gladys - Embrace the Dead by Martin Renaud

SUMMARY (Amazon)

News reports that the famous psychic Good Gladys is missing coincide with the brutal stabbing of her business manager. Gladys's daughter Dara asks an old friend, private investigator Byrne Aase, to help find the murderer. She claims that the man the police have in custody is innocent. In fact, she believes that the accused is her mother, having been transformed into a man during a seance gone awry.

This is a good old fashioned thriller, which I haven’t read in forever. I thought the book was very well written and flowed logically from beginning to end. There were a few parts I had to re-read due to me being confused, but the story line is pretty crazy, right!?

The characters are what surprised me the most. First I love all the names; an interesting character name always draws me in. I loved the way Dara and Byrne interact with each other. To me, Dara steals the show in this suspense novel.

RATING:

ratingratingratingrating

REALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

You can find Martin here: WEBSITE, GOODREADS,

You can buy Good Gladys here: AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment