Monday, November 12, 2012

Author Interview: Abigail Boyd

Abigail Boyd began writing stories as a kid on dark and stormy nights. She was born and still lives in Michigan with her husband and the haunting cries of three rambunctious children. Her influences include Stephen King, Veronica Mars, and lots of processed sugar. She wishes that time had a pause button.

Hi Abigail and welcome to Book Worm Brandy!

Q&A

1. Who is your favorite character in the Gravity series?

Theo is my favorite, with Alex as a very close second. They are both very fun to write, especially their dialogue. A lot about Ariel is based on me, many of the situations she goes through and quirks she has are from my own life, although she's much braver than I am. I love horror movies and ghost stories like she does. I was the one with the gum on my pants, too, unfortunately.

2. What are your five favorite books of all time?

The Shining by Stephen King, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess, It (also) by Stephen King, and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I like really long books with thick paragraphs, although I write in a different style.

3. If you weren't a writer, what would you be?

I have no idea! I never had a reliable back up plan. I've wanted to be a writer since I was little, and I didn't realize that I already was one because I was writing all the time. I would like to do something in health care someday, though. For a little while, I wanted to be an entomologist because I think insects are fascinating. Weird, I know.

4. What was your very first story you ever wrote about?

The first story I ever wrote was about detective cats. I was in the second grade, and I already loved mysteries. I worked on it for months and I remember actually finishing it, but I have no idea what happened to it.

5. What does the future hold for you in regards to other works?

I have another book lined up, an urban fantasy romance, that's going to be coming out next year. I also have ideas for a couple of series that I'm playing around with; I like having two projects going at the same time so I don't get stuck on one.

6. Do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?? : )

I used to, when I was younger. My mom and I lived at my grandparents' house. They had these really spooky paintings, portraits of women from the 1800s, in bonnets and black dresses, in their living room. Their eyes followed me wherever I went. There was a little boy who used to live in the house, before my grandparents bought it, and sometimes I thought I heard his voice or thought I felt someone there. I still spook myself out sometimes, when I'm home alone and hear a noise. My brain instantly screams ghost.

You can find Abigail here: WEBSITE

A BIG thank you to Abigail for your time!! Such an amazing and down to earth gal!

Please come back tomorrow to read my review on Uncertainty, (Gravity Series #2)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment