Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Review: Jenny Pox (Paranormals, Book 1) By JL Bryan

SUMMARY (Writer's website)

Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.

First, I must warn you; this book is not for the faint of heart. JL Bryan does an incredible job of thoroughly describing some really nasty scenes here. Beside the gross factor (which you have to have when you're writing about a girl who spreads the plague), I really liked this book and read it within a couple of days. It was an easy read and you really get drawn into the story of this poor girl and her terrible fate.

I really loved Jenny. She is an amazing character and it was so hard for me to picture someone who could absolutely not touch anyone. She wears gloves that the other kids make fun of her for, but in all reality she's doing it for them. So ironic..I started thinking about not being able to touch anyone at ALL! I couldn't do it. It would be so hard!!!

JL does a wonderful job providing us with an entertaining, yet effortless read. The book flowed so nicely and the dialogue really kept me hooked. He doesn't use big fancy words that you have to stop every ten minutes and look up, he doesn't make the relationship between Jenny and Seth totally unbelievable or annoying and he doesn't make Jenny totally evil and I loved that!

I would recommend this book for older YA audiences. It does contain sexual scenes, drug use and violence. Over all, it was a great story and I can't wait to read the other stories in the Paranormals trilogy.

RATING:

ratingratingratingrating

REALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

You can find JL Bryan here: WEBSITE

You can buy the book here: AMAZON

**Free Kindle book I found and wanted to review on my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment