Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Faves

Thought I would do a different kind of post and share five of my favorite all time books. These are ones that, no matter how many times I read them, they still make me cry, laugh, and rejoice. So in no particular order here are five of my favorites:

1. The Five People You Meet In Heaven, by Mitch Albom. I love all of Mitch's books but this is my favorite. I love that it is such a short, easy read, but it changes you by the end.
2. I am a huge John Grisham fan. I started reading his stuff back in middle school! Bleachers, is not like his other courtroom thrillers, but it's still a beautifully written and soul stirring story.
3. White Oleander by Janet Fitch is like a never ending train wreck that you cannot stop watching. It is stunning and brilliant and while the subject matter can be dark, it is still an awe inspiring piece of art.
4. Replay by Ken Grimwood has been read probably at least a dozen times since I first bought it. It is a disheartening account of a Groundhog's Day type situation and you can't help but sympahtize with the main character.
5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer was bought after I read the Twilight Series. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but let me tell you it is a very brilliant story. It's rather long, but I enjoyed every single second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment