Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review: How to Date an Alien by Magan Vernon

SUMMARY (Writer's website)

High school senior Alex Bianchi's estranged father gets her an internship at Circe Operations Center to pad her college applications. But Circe isn't your typical military base. It's an alien-run operation center and not all of the aliens are friendly, especially the one that tries to kill Alex on her first day. When Ace, a dark-eyed Caltian, enters and saves the day, she can't help but be drawn to him.

Can these star-crossed lovers survive when they're on the brink of intergalactic war?

I absolutely loved this book. It was well paced and action packed and was not a boring read at all. While I've read tons about humans falling in love with vampires, wolves, ghosts etc etc, I don't ever remember reading about a human falling in love with an alien! So from the get go I was anxious to read Alex and Ace's love story.

Magan is an exceptional writer who draws you in and keeps hold of you until the very last page. Her characters were very well thought out and developed. And I am not afraid to admit that Ace became my favorite character in the book. Sometimes throughout the story Alex would get on my nerves, but you have to remember she is in high school and high school girls can be majorly dramatic at times!

Magan had everything in this book: drama, romance, action and surprises. I read this in a couple days and was really satisfied. I am anxiously waiting to read the sequel, How to Break Up With An Alien, next! Great book to read so go get it!!!

RATING:

ratingratingratingratingrating

You can find Magan Vernon here: WEBSITE

You can buy the book here: AMAZON

**Free Kindle book I found and wanted to review on my own.**

1 comment: