Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review: Live Second: 365 Ways to Make Jesus First

SUMMARY (Author’s Website)

Athletes and actors, models and musicians, pastors and politicians … many have stepped forward, looked in the camera, and proclaimed, “I am second.” But most in the I Am Second movement are not celebrities. They are ordinary people—and they’ve come to the simple realization that when God comes first in their lives, everything makes sense.

But living second is not easy. It takes grit and humility, submission to God’s will, a willingness to listen and serve, an openness to God’s healing and call. Live Second is a daily guide to help you. With 365 readings, prayers, actions steps, and an invitation to join other Christ-followers online, what you hold in your hands is a tool built with truth, scripture, and a sure path to put Jesus first every day. The Christian life is not meant to be easy, just worth it. Live Second is exactly what you need as you become the new, inspired, God-honoring creation he made you to be.

One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to make my daily walk in faith more of a priority. I was given this book by BookSneeze.com in exchange for a fair and honest review and it has been a real blessing.

Each day of this daily devotional truly makes you think and dig down deep into yourself. Being a Christian is hard in today’s time, taking the time out to put Jesus first is difficult. I am going to incorporate this devotional along with a couple others in my daily walk.

I am really satisfied with how the devotional was laid out. There really wasn’t a lot of “Bible thumping” at all. It is practical, it was written for every person from every walk of life. It is beautifully compiled and I loved all the personal stories that were included. I really love the I Am Second movement and the simple (but powerful) message behind it. We are all second compared to Jesus.

RATING:

ratingratingratingrating

REALLY AWESOME BOOK!!!

You can find Doug Bender here:FACEBOOK

You can buy Live Second here: AMAZON, THOMAS NELSON

No comments:

Post a Comment